NanoKontrol 2 Button Toggle and Button Lights
Tutorial originally designed by Steve Case
PART 1 – NanoKontrol2 Settings Using Korg Kontrol Editor
Download our Worship Essentials 2 nanoKONTROL2 Scene Data File. Download link: https://thatworshipsound.com/download/worship-essentials-2-nanokontrol2-scene-data-file/
1. With your NanoKontrol2 connected, open the KORG KONTROL Editor application on computer. Download link: korg.com/us/support/download/software/0/159/1355/
2. Open the downloaded file: "Worship Essentials 2.nktrl2_data"
3. Send the settings to the NanoKontrol2: go to top tabs and choose Communication – Write Scene Data (Command-T).
Alternative Manual Method
1. With Nano plugged in, open KORG KONTROL Editor application on computer. Download link: korg.com/us/support/download/software/0/159/1355/
2. Select Common, found under Control tab beneath layout.
3. Change LED Mode to External.
4. To select all S, M, and R buttons: go to the Control tab, scroll to Solo Button-1 and Click to select, then scroll to Rec Button-8 and Shift-Click.
5. Set Button Behavior to Toggle.
6. To send these program changes to Nano: go to top tabs and choose Communication – Write Scene Data (Command-T).
7. To save program file to computer: File – Save (Command-S).
PART 2 – MainStage Button Settings
1. In Layout mode, Shift-Click each of the 24 buttons.
(Note that it will take a couple seconds for the following steps to take affect, since multiple objects are being edited.)
2. Set Type to Alternating Value
3. Set Send Value to CTRL nanoKONTROL2
PART 3 – Check how responsive your gear is now
These steps should play nicely with any concert, and you can program the other Nano buttons to light up, as well.